A Little Late
I am unfortunately a little late to the Helium (HNT) mining party. I just completed my first deployment and have 4 more in the works. My first miner Future Pine Dove sat in the window for about a month while awaiting its antenna and additional equipment. Today, 04/09/2022, I put up an external antenna and I am starting off with an 8dBi but may drop that to 5.8 depending on how it performs.
I moved the Sensecap from wifi to ethernet in this process and updated my port forwards but at this time the miner is showing as relayed in the explorer app but hotspotty.net and the Sensecap app both say it isn’t relayed. Relaying won’t matter either after the next network update.
- Enclosure I used but I will be using this slightly larger enclosure for future installs
- Wall/roof universal antenna mount
- 8dBi 915MHz antenna – This had good reviews and time will tell. I may also go down to 5.8dBi if my signal seems to be jumping anyone.
- Texas PoE – PoE+ to USB-C Converter to supply both power and internet to the miner
- I used an existing PoE+ switch that is used for cameras but this PoE+ adapter would also work. PoE would probably be sufficient but PoE+ is recommended just be sure of sufficient power.
Want to connect or have suggestions for this setup? Either comment below or send a message. All input, feedback, or other requests are welcome. I also have an additional 4 hotspots with tentative hosts but if you are in the Myrtle Beach, Little River, or Longs, SC area and interested in hosting please let me know.